Sunday, August 4, 2013

Room Makeover

A few months back we switched the girls rooms.  It was way past time for Sadi to get a big girl bed, and Kelsey definitely did not need any more room for "important stuff" to keep.  I kept thinking I would wait to post photos when I got everything just how I wanted it.  Although it has been done for months, we have been so busy I forgot.  It was really fun to decorate Sadi's room.  I knew exactly how I wanted to paint/decorate.  I chose hot pink (just for the main wall) and accentuated with black and white.
She loves having a big girl bed, and having so much more room for her little stuffed friends to sleep with her.
She also got a new bookshelf, and dresser that matches.
The whole room is designed with a world traveler feel.  On one wall we hung these clocks which tell the time in a few famous cities.
One of my favorite things in her room is the lamp shade I made for her.  At night the New York City skyline peeks through. 
Kelsey's room is painted and that is about it...she is too busy to decorate (or clean) it so I guess maybe when she does get around to decorating it may be at her college dorm!

1 comment:

marknkim said...

So cute!! Good job with the lamp shade...pretty creative:)