Friday, October 9, 2009

Hawaiian Style

Last night we had Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner. It was my way of trying to get the kids to try some new things. What kid doesn't like to pile on their own toppings? They were super yummy and here is what we found out: Chase likes coconut, mandarin oranges, chow mein noodles, almonds, and of course lots and lots of olives! He thought since the bowl was by his plate I had just given him his own bowl of olives and wanted to know why no one else got any. Sadi loves cheese (only shredded don't you dare try to give her a slice of any kind), coconut, and chow mein noodles although I am pretty confident she thought she was being bad and eating sticks and that is why she ate them. Kelsey will not try anything and stuck with what she knows...cheese, and olives. So Matt and I had lots of other yummy colors on our plates! It was a good dinner!

4 comments:

Laura D said...

looks yummy! love the fall look to your blog and the pics you have on there- you got such a cute family. you need to get a pic of you and matt though!

Bogenschutz said...

Yummy I knew I should have been there last night for dinner. It looks so good. Always a good idea to see what the kids will eat or pick. Of course tomorrow that could all change there just kids.
Come on Kelsey, You really need to branch out a bit!!!

John Festin said...

I felt like it has been FOREVER since I have looked at your blog so when I woke up with the flu this morning and couldnt sleep I thought I better get caught up on what is going on in some of my friends lives. It really has been forever since I have written. I appologize. It never ceases to amaze me at how good of a mother / wife you are. Your family is so blessed to have you. I'm sure they realize that. I'm looking forward to catching up with you in January. You should see something from Gameday in the next week or two.

Talk to you soon.

The Demille's said...

I never had hawaiian haystacks with so many different toppings...I would probably like it with all the toppings you have! Yummy!