Friday, October 2, 2009

"Beep" in the night....

Has your dream ever been interrupted by a fire truck beeping? Or in other words has your smoke detector woke you in the middle of the night? I have decided that is the only time our smoke detectors batteries go out is in the middle of the night. Never once has that annoying little "beep" started say in the daylight hours! This happened to us the other night. I was talking to my sister about this and we were both laughing because you know you think it will just beep once or twice (it is sooo not consistent) and then stop right? It doesn't! And then you have to figure out which one is beeping, so in the middle of the night you are waiting underneath each one for that annoying "beep" and feel proud of yourself when you find the culprit so that when you do find it you can rip it down only to be reminded whoever built this thing had to use a 9Volt battery to power it!! Which we never seem to have! Why can it not take say a AA battery? And the best part is when you take it down rip the battery out and say I'll deal with it tomorrow you crawl back in bed and a few minutes later when you are just about to dream again....."BEEP!". You tell me how that thing is still beeping with no battery!!! So until I remember that 9 Volt battery our smoke detector is still beeping in the garage!
 

2 comments:

The Demille's said...

Too funny! I had the same thing happen this week! It always seems like they only beep at night and never during the day...so I usually forget until I get woken up the next night again!

Bogenschutz said...

BEEP< BEEP< BEEP Yes Funny how those things only happen to do it in the middle of the night huh? I think someone should come up with one that has a longer battery life and one that you could possibly have on hand at the time it starts to beep. Funny we didn't hear it that night, we we're all out on the floor.