Friday, October 2, 2009

Family Visit

My sister Susan and her kids came for a short visit this week, as they were passing through town for a California vacation. It was so fun to see them even if it was just for a day.
We went to the park while we were waiting for Chase and Kelsey to get out of school. Jake got to see what a skate park in Dayton looks like and was quickly disappointed..sorry Jake! Sadi loved sitting in the swing to WHOLE time, and Susan tried out this whatever it is called, I got a good laugh as she landed on her butt trying it out! I wish I would have got a picture of it, but I guess I forgot to charge my camera after Chase's birthday and missed out on pictures all day.Of course Bogies came bearing lots of gifts as always and somehow seem to sneak something annoying into every gift. Exhibit A: They gave Chase a cute bear along with a whistle to blow when he is going a bear hunt (Tori played that song for him when we were in Utah and he has been talking about Tori taking him on a bear hunt ever since).
It is really loud....especially at 7 in the morning!!! Sadi got a too cute handmade rag bag full of all kinds of goodies, including her favorite bracelets!
All to soon the day was over and they were on their way to California, but not before they kidnapped Kelsey to take with them. It was a fun visit, too short but at least we will get to see them one last time when we go pick up Kelsey on Sunday. We miss you guys already!

2 comments:

The Demille's said...

How fun to have family come visit! I bet it's hard to have family so far away! So glad Susan could come out!

Bogenschutz said...

We had so much fun. Thanks for letting us come and pit stop and still the daughter. I sure miss you. Wish your family was closer, my kids love hanging out with you.
I even didn't mind to much that I was called Grandma the whole trip either or my mind is preparing for what might come sooner than I think huh?