Monday, October 1, 2012

Having a Ball

Like I said it was a birthday weekend.  On Sunday we had Chase's birthday party at the bowling alley.  A few weeks prior to the party he handed out these bowling ball invites to his friends.  It said something like:  Come have a "ball" at Chase's birthday party..hope you can "spare" the time to celebrate. 
Chase was counting the days until the party..and then the hours.  When the guests arrived they each received a bowling bag (also party favor).
Inside their bags was a shirt I had made for each of them, and also some "spare" treats, and gutter ball gumballs.
While we got everyone their shoes I had set up a guessing jar for them...funny how far in both directions their guesses were.  The closest guess got to take this home at the end of the party.
Once they had their shirts on, they were ready to bowl!  I loved how the shirts turned out, and it really made us stand out in the crowd which was nice because the bowling center was packed!
Chase was ready to knock em down!
 I knew they would have fun, but I had no idea how much fun.  They stood almost the entire time.  They had fun watching the score board(have to keep track of who's winning), and watching each other bowl.
The first game we played normal, but after pizza and soda I decided they needed to mix it up!  It was time to play Funky Bowling!  Never heard of it?  Well....I made it up.  I had made bowling balls that when they opened each one it told them they had to do while bowling.
They LOVED this.  Some of the funky bowling included: bowling between the legs,
 bowling criss cross applesauce,

hopping on one foot,
we also bowled like monkey's, doing a funky dance, and yelling like and animal until the ball hit the pins.  Quite frankly it was hilarious!  I missed alot of shots because I was laughing so hard.  When we were done bowling everyone got a score sheet of their game to take home and we crowned the bowling champ (Korree).  I had acquired a bowling pin and painted it for the winner to take home. 
Birthday boy got another chance to blow out his candle (didn't get them all out on his cake).   
This boy got loaded up on presents.  He could barely carry them all out the door.  Like the special touch I added to the birthday boy's shirt?
It was a fun party, one I hope he won't forget.

Apparently the shirts were a huge hit with the kids, they ALL decided to wear them to school today.

1 comment:

marknkim said...

What a fun party!! I like the Funky Bowling idea...bet the kids had a good time with that.