Sunday, August 26, 2012

No more babies

Yesterday my baby turned 5!!  She really couldn't decide on what kind of a party she wanted but knew she wanted a "friend" party.  She really loved reading Fancy Nancy books this summer from the library so I decided that would be an easy party to throw together.  We sent out invites to her friends a few weeks before.
I kept it simple with the decorations, but when Sadi woke up she was thrilled!! 
 She thought these flowers were the best!
When her friends arrived they were greeted by Sadi with a "Bonjour" and a Boa. Because Fancy Nancy loves butterflies we made some butterfly bead backpack clips.  I was too busy helping little hands with beads that I neglected to get a picture of the finished product.  They turned out really cute!
We played "Fancy"(a.k.a. Bingo).  I made my own fancy bingo cards with images from the Fancy Nancy books.  The girls had fun with this game, and loved yelling out "Fancy!" when they won.
We also played fancy, fancy girls (somewhat like pretty, pretty princess).  Each girl had a dice and every time they rolled a 5 they got to pick a piece of jewelry to wear.  The girl wearing the most bling at the end was the winner.  The most blinged out?.....
They took their bling and dove into the dress up box to get even more fancy for some fashion photos.  My photographer neglected to use my backdrop :(
This is suppose to be Sadi's "fancy" pose.
 
Rather than have cake, we  had "parfaits" (that's fancy for sundaes).  I wish I would have gotten a picture of some of their parfaits, they were loaded!!!
After her friends left, we had a quieter family celebration before Daddy had to leave for work.  Sadi had fun opening all her cards.
Daddy had a special present for her.  This one I have to explain a bit.  Sadi has a nickname "Sassafras".  It started because she is so sassy and quickly turned into Sassafras.  We usually only call her that when well...she's sassy(alright if were being honest Daddy enjoys calling her that all the time).  Anyway Daddy found a gift for her while out shopping one day.  When Chase read what it was to her this was her reaction...
Don't worry she got many other gifts that made her smile.  She got this new princess Snow White house she has been wanting,
a new scooter,
 and a new motor home for her dollhouse.
One of her friends had given her this Lego set which was a bit complicated for her I think, luckily Chase was thrilled to put it together for her....and play with it.
Later that night we celebrated with cake of her choice, chocolate!
When I told her to make a wish she wished it out loud before the big blow out.  Any guesses what she wished?
A unicorn of course! 
*I guess she decided she liked that Sassafras candy, her and Chase engulfed the entire bag before bed.

2 comments:

marknkim said...

Looks like a very Fancy party!! Hope you had a fun day Sadi and enjoy being 5.
We miss you!!
Love- Uncle Mark, Aunt Kim, Bailee, Karsyn and Emmrey

Bogenschutz said...

Looks like the Party was totally fabulous. Not surprising. I give you mom of the year. Your amazing my sister.