Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Turning 40 in Hawaii

Well, I finally joined the "40 club" and I have to say doing it in Hawaii made it pretty bearable.  We had debated what to do, but I ultimately decided that I wanted to just relax and enjoy the beach.
We spent a few hours at the beach and then headed back to the hotel to aloe up that certain someone's back who couldn't enjoy the beach as much as I did.  We weren't really sure where we were going to go to dinner, but it just so happened that the street our hotel was on was shut down for a Pan Pacific Festival.  The streets were packed with vendors selling food and merchandise. 
This narrowed our options of where to eat since we couldn't drive around.  It turned out to be a pretty great street fair.  We walked around and looked at all the little shops and food stands and decided to share these sliders for dinner.   It was Kahlua pork, bacon, and ham...they called it the 3 little pigs.  It was a bit to salty for my taste, but I give it props for originality.
After dinner we walked down to the beach.  I loved seeing all the personality in all these surf boards that lined the alley way.
We sat on the beach and watched the surfers, and people watched.
And waited for the sun to set.
On our walk back to the hotel we stopped in to the cheesecake factory for a final birthday celebration. Gotta say this tops the birthday's in my lifetime.

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Not a bad place to turn 40 .. that's for sure!