Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Let's get dirty

We haven't been camping in well over a year so, before we head to Utah in August to camp with the Smith's I decided we better dust off the camping gear.  We packed up on a Friday morning and I headed out with the kids to a campground that Matt could meet us at after work.  Davis Creek is just a few miles from home, and just off the freeway in Washoe Valley.
We arrived early at the campground and Kelsey and I set up the tent.  I was a bit worried since I have never actually helped put up this huge tent and Matt said it is SO hard.  Turns out it wasn't that complicated.  Not sure what Chase was doing all this time, but he managed to get a picture for me :)
After lunch we relaxed, played some horseshoes, and Chase was teaching some knot tying.
Matt arrived later in the evening and even picked up dinner for all of us so we didn't have to cook.  I think one of the most enjoyable parts about camping is sitting around the fire, which we enjoyed both morning and night.
We stayed two nights which being that close to home was perfect.  Kyle was able to stop by before work, and Kelsey was able to head home later in the day since she had to work the next morning. 
We did a little exploring, although there is not much to see or hike to close by.  The pond within the campground although bigger this year from all the rain, is still rather small.  We did however see lots of tadpoles.
Although it is beautiful, I had a hard time really feeling like I was camping so close to home.
We had the cutest little critter at camp who's home was right next to our fire pit.  He was just a baby, and very timid popping in and out of that hole all day.
It was a perfect trip to dust off the old gear...and get it ready to get dirty.

No comments: