Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day Camp-Jungle Adventure

Since we have been home, we have been in full swing with summer activities/celebrations.  The day after arriving home was Chase's first day of scout camp.  Every year there is theme for all the activities they do, this year the theme was "jungle adventure". Chase was very excited!  I was bummed that I was unable to attend this year, but no siblings were allowed, Matt and Kelsey were working, and Tori was headed home.
For the next two days we got to hear all about the fun he was having, and each night he begged if I could come.  I decided Sadi and I would go out the last day and have lunch with him.  We arrived to catch his group (the giraffe's) making some terrariums.
The boys love buying snow cones during lunch.  Chase was happy to help Sadi buy one and share :)
Once lunch was over our group leader invited me to just come along with them and bring Sadi.  We tagged along and had fun watching the boys.  This girl was good to just "hang" around.
A few of the stations actually encouraged her to participate, including this leather bracelet making which she loved.
I think we came on the best day.  There was ice cream and pizza making.  Using a camp oven made out of a box lined with aluminum foil, a few cans to prop up a pan, and some briquets it was 10 minutes to a perfect pizza!
It was so nice to be able spend a little time with Chase at his last day attending camp.  I think my favorite part was watching these moments....
making new friends!

1 comment:

marknkim said...

WOW! That looks like a pretty awesome camp Chase gets to go to.