Sunday, June 21, 2015

Nineteen Years

June 16th we celebrated Kelsey turning 19....wow.  Still does not seem real.  She didn't really ask for anything and every year I give her money it seems like she just stashes it and doesn't spend it.   This year we got her a Maverik gift card.  Now that she is driving and knows how much gas is this was a greatly appreciated gift.  Also her favorite cookie and this awesome Oreo dipper spoon we saw years ago online somewhere that she thought was just a myth.  I call this gift "sweet freedom".
We also found her some seat covers for her car since she has leather seats she has really appreciated not burning her butt every time she gets in her car.
We also bought her a selfie stick that she "needed".  I'm gonna say this is a winning gift for any teen who takes so many selfie's, and yet they're never right.  
She wanted to go to the lake for the day, so we packed a lunch and headed up pretty early.  It was a beautiful day.  I had fun watching her take selfie's...pretty entertaining.
I gotta say it is pretty handy when you want to take a group shot.  
After spending all day soaking up the sun we headed home and Skyped Matt who had to work double shift that day so he could sing Happy Birthday with us.  Kelsey chose brownie's and ice cream rather than cake. 
Time flies and I can't believe my baby is 19! 
Not much has changed right?

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Glad Kelsey had such a nice birthday!! Mark and I were just talking (laughing;) about those "Go Pro Sticks". Although I must admit they are probably pretty handy, especially for those who spend a lot of time taking selfies;)