Sunday, June 21, 2015

Mommy and Me Day

The last day that Chase was at day camp I had promised Sadi a girls day.   Dad and Kelsey were both at work.  I offered to take her shopping or out to do something.  What was on her agenda was quite a bit different.  She was pretty adamant about what we were going to do.  We started the day with sidewalk chalk.  We spent hours outside drawing murals,
then I taught her how to play hop scotch.  Of course ruff ruff needed to learn too :)
Next on her agenda was bike riding.  I don't have a bike so I sat in my chair and watched her bike and sprayed her with a water bottle as she rode by.
We stayed busy all day.  We got down her special box and looked at her baby keepsakes, had lunch at Maverik, painted our nails, and stayed cool eating otter pops.
It was a nice day and I think this kid enjoyed every minute of it.  To be honest I was more exhausted after this day than the previous 2 at day camp (or maybe I was just finally feeling the exhaustion from the 2 previous days).  It's true that time goes too fast with kids and I'm happy I was able to unplug for a few days and give them all the gift of my time.

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Ahhh..it's the little things isn't it? So fun!!