Thursday, May 9, 2013

2-4-6-8 Who do we appreciate?!

This week is teacher appreciation week at our school and we wanted to show them a little love.  Early Monday morning we headed out to decorate the teacher's doors.  Chase's second grade teacher loved her door.
Sadi's teacher loves owls, and has owls everywhere in her room so this was an easy one to come up with (I don't claim to be a great owl maker, but it turned out OK).
We had taken a trip to the donut shop in town and filled some gable boxes with some hot donuts with a cute saying attached for all of of our teachers.
I spend so much time in Sadi's class that I worked on a little something extra for her teacher.  I had all of the kids secretly sign this mat and framed this cute saying for her:"What I like most about my classroom is whom I share it with".   This was a huge hit, and I highly recommend this for any teacher.
Once the teacher's were done, we delivered to a few other teachers that have really had a hand in my kids everyday routine this year.  First stop...the Librarian.  She got a little chocolate with a note:  "Thank you for giving us just what we need, a love for books and a learning to read"
Second stop...the school nurse (whom I'm pretty sure Chase has depleted her entire stock of band-aids himself).  We filled a little bucket with lollipops and attached a note:  "Thank you for making our boo- boo's feel better".
 And our final stop was to our P.E. teacher.  We had a sport drink and energy bar tied up with a note:  "Thank you Mrs. Doll for making P.E. a ball".
We have some great teacher's and wanted them to know how much they are appreciated every day of the week.

No comments: