Friday, May 31, 2013

Last Day of School!

Today was the last day of school....whew, we made it!  I saw this idea of taking your kids photo in the same outfit as their first day of school so you can see the difference a year makes.  Pretty cool idea! Here is Sadi's first day of school....
And her last....quite a difference.  I can really see the difference in her face, and this dress was pushing the limits of possibly too short so she has definitely grown taller.
Chase on the first day of school...he was mad that the sun was in his eyes.
Today when I took his photo he whined that he wanted to stand in the sun!  What a difference a year makes.  Chase didn't grow to much taller, but maybe a bit wider...time to do a little running!
I always try to come up with a thoughtful gift for my kids teacher's and this year I found the cutest little critter book that said it all.  A cute story with lots of mishaps by little critter and in the end he makes his teacher a portrait, which I had each of my kids do for their teacher's.  The were excited to give these to the best teacher ever!
Today was also the awards day assembly.  Chase won Honor roll again for the 4th quarter...woo hoo, straight A's!  He also got a certificate for winning the second grade spelling B.
BUT, the biggest news was about to come, each student who made at least a 2 point progress on their M.A.P. testing got their name in a drawing for an iPod touch.  Guess who won?!!
The luckiest (hard working too) kid I know!  He was beyond thrilled!!  Summer is starting off great! 

*Oh, and it's nicer and newer than all of ours, even has the 10 mega pixel camera with flash!  So get ready for your i-pad's/pod's to be blown up with face time calls from Chase!

1 comment:

marknkim said...

I saw that idea on Pinterest too...so much fun to see how they have grown. I love the book idea, what teacher couldn't use another book for their Library:)