Thursday, June 9, 2011

Last week of school...

A busy week! This was our kids last week of school, and to be honest I am relieved because it was exhausting! I spent every day at Chase's school helping out with parties and getting ready for graduation, then I would come home and help Kelsey study for her finals (two totally different weeks for these two). On Monday Chase's class had a pajama movie party and Sadi had no problem fitting right in (literally) with the class. On Tuesday was the end of the year awards assembly. I was quite surprised that Chase got Citizen of the month...third time this year! (I'm pretty sure he is the only one in the school who has received that award 3 times). Hey, when you got it you got it right?


On Wednesday was Fun in the Sun day (thank goodness it finally stopped raining for this). I got to work at all the stations during the day....whew! I did manage to snap a few photos of Chase as he whizzed by here on the obstacle course...


as he got sat on playing musical chairs,


and as he shot me in passing with his water gun. We had made some goodbye goodies for the class. I used a packet of Kool-Aid and put a cute tag attached that said: Have a KOOL summer! On the back I put on a recipe for Kool-aid play dough for all the kids. We made a special present for Mrs. Benson. We bought her the book Mrs. Spitzer's Garden (if you haven't read it you MUST buy it for a special teacher it will make you cry), and then I had found a cute little watering can that we filled with some flowers that I stuck in a tag that read: Thank you for helping Chase bloom! (Again if you have read this book you will see how this went perfect with the book). Why is the end of school so bitter sweet? I can't believe we are here already!

3 comments:

marknkim said...

How funny (or scary) that we did the same thing for our teachers on Teacher Appreciation Week...love it!

heatlight said...

Looks like you had some cute end of the year ideas too! It was fun seeing you at school. Can't wait for next year's fun in the sun...NOT!

Bogenschutz said...

I Love that book, What a great idea for a Teacher. Your the best mom in town, Im sure of that.