Monday, June 13, 2011

Another Year

Friday was my birthday, another year gone! Kelsey had to get up early as it was her last day of school. Matt got up early and let me sleep in (very nice). I was greeted later that morning by this beauty with a flame fastly approaching me in bed. Breakfast in bed (I was feeling spoiled). Matt thought it would be fun for us all to eat these in our bed. See all those lovely colored sprinkles? I tried not to cringe to much as the kids let a rainbow fall around them. Oh well. Then in was off to the zoo.....

Okay not really. Matt wanted to go check out Cabellas in Reno because we had never been there. It was cool, but honestly I much prefer Scheels. The kids had fun seeing all the wildlife and feeding the fish. I am really hoping this is not the only wildlife we see this summer.

We did manage to squeeze in a trip to the mall to pick up some real goodies for me, and have a nice lunch.

We got back home and took Kelsey to Youth Conference for the weekend. We decided to end the night with a movie at the drive-in. Soooo fun! We saw Pirates IV. Chase kept asking me when we were going to go home and have cake. He was the first to spot the cheesecake in the fridge that morning. I promised when we got home we would have some.

It was a long movie and we didn't get home until after 1. Of course both kids fell asleep on the way home. I was so tired I just crawled into bed rainbow and all (remember those sprinkles from breakfast). Guess what I heard first thing in the morning? Good Morning?....nope. Chase: "MOM, I thought you said we were going to have cake when we got home!" And just like that the party was over.

1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

Wow, What a Birthday. I think you might just be a bit Spoiled Sis!!!!