Thursday, June 9, 2011

Graduation

It came. This day I thought was so far away when we started Kindergarten arrived all to quickly. I'm still not sure why we graduate from so many grades out here but today was really cute!! (even if this was his second graduation in life). As we waited for the classes to come down to the MPR we were admiring the self portraits the kids did of themselves from a distance. As I sat wondering which one Chase had made I noticed only one in the group that had used orange (yes orange) for hair and knew that had to be Chase's. It is hard to see but it is the third from the right on the top row. Made me laugh out loud! They sang a cute little graduation song, handed out their "diplomas" and then it was time to say goodbye. We said goodbye to our principal Mr. Greenburg,

Goodbye to our "bestest" buddy Daemeon,

Goodbye to our crush Kylee(had to put them both in the photo because quite frankly even after being in the class with them all year I still can't tell the twins apart). They are both super cute!

And a very sad goodbye to our best teacher Mrs. Benson who won't be back next year due to budget cuts....blah! She will truly be missed!

We are so proud of our little man who will..sniff..sniff, be in First grade next year!!! He is such a good boy, we are very proud of him!

Oh and by the way I did hold it together at Graduation, only one of us cried on the way home....

You know you have the best teacher in the world when it makes you cry because you miss her already!! Okay honestly it made me tear up to see this.

2 comments:

marknkim said...

It seems like once they enter school the years just go faster..boo hoo!! I am always a little anxious to have summer roll around, but I always have a hard time saying goodbye...always have:) It reminds me how quickly the years can pass!!

Bogenschutz said...

The years fly by trust me. Enjoy every moment. Cutest Graduate ever!!!