Friday, June 17, 2011

Kelsey turns...

15!!! Wow, where has time gone? Kelsey didn't want a party this year, just cold hard cash! I guess that is a sure sign you no longer have a little girl. Chase and Sadi woke her with breakfast in bed and then we let her open her few surprises. She got a new pair of sunglasses, a plane ticket to Utah (what she had really been asking for), and lots and lots of cash from everyone! It's kind of sad when your kid asks for a ticket to "get away". But honestly I can't compete with the fun she has with her cousin Tori all summer. Once we got her rolling out of bed we headed to Reno to hit the mall. We shopped, and shopped and then took a break for lunch, Kelsey's choice....pizza.



Shockingly she actually spent money!! This girl is a saver not a spender, which is a good thing but I'm glad she spent some of it (even if she said she felt broke after we left).

We came home and I made her a special dinner per her request, and then we finished making her ice-cream cake...from scratch, again her request (wasn't sure I could make one, since I never had before). She insisted it be home-made. We lit her up....

and it was test time. I'm thinking she might have wished that her cake turned out okay, because mmmmm!! It was amazing! Check it out...

Chocolate cake with rocky road ice cream. I have to thank Grandma Denning who told me how to make one similar to this. Yum! And by the way I'm pretty sure she was wishing for a sweet ride on her next birthday...ugh!

1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

Wow Beautiful girlie your growing up. Whoot, Whoot an airplane ticket to Aunt Suzy's and Cash, we're going to have a great time!!!
Can't wait.