Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY 2009!!

We hope you all had a Happy beginning to the New Year!! We had a fun night, just staying home. Of course Chase and Sadi had no idea what was going on until when it was bedtime they didn't have to go...that in itself was a party for them. We had lots of yummy food to eat and played music and after dinner I surprised the kids with a little sack of goodies for them to ring in the new year. I made a clock and stuck it on a paper bag, then filled it with all kinds of goodies...a party hat and noise maker, a champagne flute to fill with apple cider, confetti, poppers, cracker jacks, a candy bar, pop rocks, Chinese handcuffs, and the best part I thought was I had printed out each of their predictions they had made last year on a scroll for them to read and see if any of their predictions had happened. It was fun to see what we all predicted to happen in 2008. Some of our predictions came to be...such as Chase being potty trained, Sadi walking and talking. And some did not...such as finding alien life in the universe(that was one of Kyle's), and they would build a Target in Dayton(one of Kelsey's). We once again made family and world predictions for 2009, it is really fun to read them from years past to see what the kids think will happen. A great tradition!
After dinner and dancing around to hopefully wear out the kids to be a little tired I put on Sadi's new movie Sleeping Beauty to hopefully waste some time for the long night. I thought Sadi would sit and maybe get tired...No Chance!! Here she was the whole movie..here, there, everywhere. She was having a blast!! But after the movie and playing some games, I decided enough was enough and she went down at 10:00. She was ready!

No joke 10:15 Chase here passed out on my lap. Poor guy didn't quite make it.

Two kids who did make it to midnight and wayyyyyy beyond. The best part of my New Years, Matt let me sleep in and he got up with Chase and Sadi...shocking!! And....they brought me breakfast in bed!! So far it is the best year of my life!!

1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

Ok Karen, enough is enough. You put us all to shame with your cute little bag of goodies. It looks like it was a fun and exhausting night for all. So when did the K & K finally awake today, the first day of 2009???