Sunday, September 14, 2008

Palin in Carson

Sarah Palin came to Carson City last night for a rally in the park. I thought it would be a good experience for the kids and fun for us as well. Matt ended up having to work (seems it always works out that way) but I braved it and took all four kids by myself. They held it at Mills park in the pavilion (which mind you without all the media etc. only holds 3500). So we realized soon after we arrived there was no way we were getting in...the line was beyond long. I decided to just sit on the grass in an area we could at least see one of the big screens. It ended up not being to bad... Chase and Sadi loved all the clapping and screaming which they were more than happy to join in on.
We had Kyle for the weekend and he was excited because he would be getting extra credit in history for attending.

There were alot of protesters and Obama lovers there also. I was a little disturbed by some of the protesters posters. They had signs reading things like fresh wolf legs available in Alaska (with pictures of slaughtered wolves all bloody) and Palin kills polar bears (with very graphic pictures). I have never been to a rally so I was not really prepared for that part. Other than trying to divert Chase's attention away when those went past, I really enjoyed myself and I think the kids got some education as well. I was a little concerned when they kept saying is that her? When some of our state representatives were speaking. So if nothing else they at least learned who Sarah Palin is and a little about her.
It was so cute when we got home Chase kept chanting "Drill baby Drill, Drill baby Drill"!! I love it!!




3 comments:

David said...

That sounded like fun...I'm jealous. You are fortunate to be in a "swing" state...they will be all over Nevada! Here in CA, well, my vote is just on principle since it's obvious that Osama-bama Bin-biden will take the state.

Laura D said...

that is pretty cool that you got to go to that. and so brave to take the kids- but a good learning experience for them all.

John Festin said...

That is OUTSTANDING! She is a breath of fresh air in the political world. I thought I would be writing in Micky Mouse or Dave Dade until she was nominated.

Good Stuff!