Saturday, August 15, 2015

G-O....LET ME HEAR YOU SAY GO!

Today was our first football game of the season in Lovelock, NV.  Sadi was ready to get cheering in her new uniform.  I'm pretty sure those bows get bigger every year.
It was sweltering hot!  Those trees in the distance were the only ones around and were only shading the top bleachers of the home team.  You could see all the parents huddled up in the corner trying to escape the heat.  Our freshman team did a great job cheering on the dust devils who went on to win 32-0.
I thought for sure Sadi was going to hate being out in the sun all day, but she kept that smile all day and did not complain once.  I wish I could say the same...did I mention how HOT it was?!
After the game I tortured convinced Matt and the kids to make a quick stop downtown.  I wanted to stop and see the locks that my parents had told me about.  Lovelock is kind of a cute little town(not that I would ever want to live there).  The kids ran up the court house stairs,
and on the same grounds are the lover locks.  I thought that was how the town got it's name but we read that it was only adopted in 2006.  It's a Chinese custom which says if you put your lock on the chains and throw away the key, love endures as long as the lock stays in place.
 There were your everyday padlocks, and combination locks....
But then there were some really old looking locks.  They were pretty cool to look at, and I could have spent a lot more time admiring them.
I really wanted to go find a place to buy a lock, but someone was itching to get home.  I guess if we never put a lock on we don't risk it falling off right? 

No comments: