Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Bliss

Yesterday I had one of the most relaxing Mother's Day ever.  It started with breakfast in bed (which I knew was coming because of my 6 yr. old who can't keep a secret, he even told me what my present was before he handed it over).  Matt had called from work the night before and asked to talk to Chase, I heard him mumble "mmmhhhh, uh-huh, okay" as he handed the phone back to me he said real quiet "that was about your breakfast tomorrow".  Apparently Matt told him what he(Chase) was going to be doing in the morning and to be sure NOT TO TELL MOMMY (he stressed this many times).  Chase was sooo excited for the morning to come....you know that surprise breakfast and gift he was going to "surprise" me with.  Thankfully no one let him serve my breakfast at 5:45 when he got up to fix it, they made him wait until 7:30.  I thank you all.  After my delicious breakfast in bed I was adorned with more gifts than I deserve.  Where did I spend my day......
Yup sitting here in my new beach chair, reading my new books.  I sipped on my mommy juice and laughed until I cried reading my new book.  Best part?  My kids actually left me alone to read and relax.  How you ask?  This is how.....
My other gift was a pool...just my size right?  The kids had so much fun splashing around that they really didn't notice I was ignoring them relaxing.  I only had to "watch this mommy" a few times.  Pretty amazing diving skills right there. 
I am thankful that I have such amazing kids who fill my life with laughter, love, and fighting new lessons to teach every day.

2 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

Wow, Where you ever pampered. Good for you, You deserve it sis. Your such a great mom!!

marknkim said...

Sometimes those simple things are the best gifts...right? I love the chair. I could use something like that. Hope you enjoyed your day!!