Friday, May 11, 2012

Lunch Date

Today I was invited to go to a special Mother's day lunch.  My date was a true gentleman, he payed the entire $3 for my lunch on his own.  I even got a flower with lunch.  He asked me what I would like to eat (I could choose either heart shaped chicken nuggets or a chef salad).  He went back to get me my very own spork when they forgot to give me one.  Because my lunch didn't come with fruit he offered me his strawberries.  The other Mom's that were there commented on how thoughtful my date was.  He got ketchup for a little girl who was to shy to go ask for her own, and offered his milk up to another who forgot her drink.  He even offered to help me finish my tiny cup of ice cream.  I feel lucky to have been able to share my ice cream with such a little gentleman.  Although this date took place in a school cafeteria, this may just have been the best lunch date I have ever been on!!
Riverview Elementary 2012 Mother's Day lunch (Chase first grade)

1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

Wow, What a great Date Lunch? I want the Royal Treatment. Hey Chase will you take Aunt Suzie to eat at your lunch room when she visits next time?