Thursday, March 22, 2012

That Wascawy wabbit!

A little over a month ago I noticed some unfamiliar "droppings" out in our backyard.  We have a ton of Quail that frequent our backyard so I thought nothing of it (thinking this was what had been visiting).  But then it multiplied fast!  So I have been really keeping an eye out to see who the culprit was.  And a little over a week ago just after dusk I tawt I saw a bunny wabbit......
I did, I did see a bunny wabbit!  (Elmer Fudd people).  The kids love him..."aww he's so cute".  Matt says "he really won't do any harm and isn't going to eat anything, we should just leave him alone".  Am I  the only one seeing this?  Uhh, he is eating something, it's our grass!!!  And I can only assume when he gets bored with that and my beautiful flowers start popping up he's going to eat those.  I read if you have a dog that should be a natural deterrent so I made sure Broozer walked the yard, marked his territory, and rolled in the grass.  The bunny came back.  I started a stake out at night (he comes at the same time every night) I threw rocks at him and chased him away multiple times.  The bunny came back...and brought a friend!!  At this point I can only assume he is mocking me.  Every spray I have come across thus far is not safe for dogs or kids so that is out.  Ideas?  Because unless that's the Easter bunny and he is dropping chocolate on my grass, sorry kids he has to go.  If I don't find a solution and he starts eating my lilies I may have to hunt me a wabbit like Elmer Fudd and have some Wabbit stew.  It tastes like chicken right?

No comments: