Monday, April 2, 2012

The last laugh...

Hope you all had a good laugh yesterday for April Fool's day.  We love to trick our kids all the time.  Chase remembered what day was coming up (with no help, I purposely did not tell them), so I knew it was going to be a long day with them.  Sure enough all day they were playing jokes on me.  You know the most annoying ones a 4 and 6 year old can come up with...there's a spider on your head, I pooped mom, etc.  And I am NOT exaggerating when I said they did this ALL DAY LONG. But I knew I would get the last laugh, and I did!  Before dinner I showed them what they would be getting for dessert because they had been naughty all day long.  I placed this yummy dessert on the table for them.  Doesn't it look appetizing?

Mmmmm, kitty litter!  They were completely disgusted.  Before you gag, let me tell you this is completely edible (and most of us ate it).  Chase and Sadi screamed in horror when I told them they had to take at least one bite (just like with any new food).  They cried, they pleaded, they were so sorry for playing so many April fool's jokes.  Chase was paralyzed with fear at even smelling it here.
So yes, I had the best laugh..actually we laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.  Spider on my head?  Amateurs!!  Let me know if you want the recipe for this cake..it was delicious.  Even better with laughter.

2 comments:

marknkim said...

Ewww...that cake looks so yucky I was dry heaving just reading the post...I can only imagine seeing it in person...poor kids:}

Bogenschutz said...

Awesome, I think this was great. I can just see you and Matt rolling on the floor laughing your guts out.
Hey, I think Jake's face would look just like Chase's if I made that Cake today.
I'll try it when he brings the Girlfriend for dinner huh?