Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oh the thinks you can think!

Many of you know that Friday was Dr. Seuss's birthday.  Of course we celebrate every one's birthday here at our house, so Dr. Seuss is just one of the family now.   I found these cute Dr. Seuss bags months ago and snagged them for each of the kids.  I hung these on their doors the night before.
I filled each bag with some fun Dr. Seuss treats.  They each got a new book, some Seuss soxs, a movie ticket to see the Lorax (cute movie with a great message), they got some Bar-Ba-Loot snacks (you know the bar-ba-loot bears love to eat marshmallows so I put some chocolate teddy grahams in a bag with some marshmallows), and a bag of colored Swedish fish with a cute tag attached which read: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.  The kids were thrilled to find their bags in the morning.
Chase was sure we were going to have green eggs and ham but looking back on years past that just hasn't gone over well(mostly with Sadi) so I opted not to do that this year.  I did have some cute little reminders around the house, including this craft I made displayed on the table that reads: Speak for the trees (if you have seen or read the Lorax you will get this).
Later that night we snuggled up in our Seuss sox,
and read us some good books.
Thank you Dr. Seuss for making reading so much fun, Happy Birthday!!  If you haven't gone to see the Lorax, I highly recommend it. 

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.  It's not.  -The Lorax

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karen,

You are so creative. I love it. Wish I would have thought of it!

Love,

Tina