Monday, March 2, 2015

Is that a Woket in your Pocket?

Today was Dr. Seuss's Birthday...hooray!  My kids look forward to this day every year.  We started the morning with some Hop on Pop pancakes and a side of Moose juice.  Sadi wasn't too sure how I got Moose juice...I squeezed it of course!
I had made them and their teacher's a cute little pen to remember what day it was.  Inspired by Horton hears a Who:  "A person's a person, no matter how small".  They all loved these fuzzy pens.
I secretly packed them a very Seuss lunch.  Green egg and Ham, 10 apples up on top applesauce, One fish two fish goldfish, some pink yink ink (strawberry smoothie), and Yertle's Carmel turtles.
And their snack for the day was a bag of peanuts with a quote: "You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, You can steer yourself any direction you choose!"  Apparently these were a big hit on the playground.
I had meetings right after school and so I knew it would be a late night getting home to do homework.  Since we always have Reading homework  I had set up a reading corner with a new book (and a bunch of other Dr. Seuss books) for when we got home. 
They loved this and I didn't even have to ask them to do their Reading, they sat down and read for a good hour!
 We ended the night with my attempt at a Cat in the hat dessert...Strawberry shortcake. 
Isn't reading fun!  Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

No comments: