Sunday, August 24, 2014

College Life

Last Thursday I got to go visit Kelsey and experience a little college life.  They had a BBQ on the Quad for the parents and students who were in the Nevada fit program.  It was nice to have lunch and hear about all the fun she has been having so far.  I got mistaken for a college student many times which really made my day.  I even showed a few parents who asked me how to get to what they were looking for (I only knew this because of Matt showing me around campus when he went there but helped me look legit).
Kelsey showed me how much college rocks...no seriously she was ecstatic to show me this museum of rocks. She hasn't quite mastered the layout of the campus yet, and I actually felt pretty oriented so that helped in showing her new ways to get from place to place.
I took her to pick up her books at the bookstore.  I guess she decided that not everything about college is awesome.  Can you tell by that face how happy she was about the price of just some of her books. 
We went back to her dorm which was a madhouse because it was move in day for EVERYONE who did not attend Nevada fit.  It was nuts!  She was excited to show me what she had been wearing all week.  What a cute nerd!
She is having the best time, and as unsure as she was about going I think there is no doubt now that this was the right choice for her.

1 comment:

John Festin said...

So cool! You know what it means when you have a kid in college, right? YOU'RE OLD! Just kidding! Hope you guys are doing well! I'm currently in the "Super Bowl City" and it's 102...you'll love it! I hate it!