Sunday, August 17, 2014

Back to School Night

This past week we had back to school night...what?!  Where did the summer go?  We loaded up on $8,000 in school supplies...okay I may be exaggerating a little.  Does anyone else feel that list gets longer and more specific every year?  I mean do we really need 150 boxes of tissue and 100 bottles of hand soap...hand soap?!  Anyway we bought it all, and bought the biggest baskets I could find to fill them up which didn't even fit everything for Chase who needed more "classroom supplies".
 
The kids were anticipating which teacher they would get.  Sadi had her heart set on one specific teacher...who she did not get, but her BFF did.  Yeah the morning started in tears, but once we met her I think she got a little more excited.  She will be starting 2nd grade in Mrs. Elliott's class.  I don't know much about her, last year was her first year at Riverview but she seems very excited.
Chase was really excited when he read the class list about all the friends he was going to have in his class...until he realized he read the wrong roster and he wasn't in that class.  Chase got the new teacher...not too surprising, if there's a new teacher my kids ALWAYS get them.  She is young (like just graduated from UNR last spring).  He's pretty excited that his teacher is so "pretty"...ahh you know were still teasing him about that slipping out.
She seems like she is excited to be teaching..I am hesitantly optimistic about both teacher's.  I remember how excited I was last year and was let down.  I am hopeful they will both have a great school year.  Here we go again!

No comments: