Tuesday, July 15, 2014

One fish, Fish two fish...still can't swim

One thing that I was positive I was going to do this summer was to get the kids into swimming lessons.  Luckily a friend of mine had the right connections and we were able to get into lessons the end of June (they fill up crazy fast out here).  We took lessons up in Virginia City which was perfect since I am driving up there 4 plus times a week.  Chase has only taken lessons once, and Sadi never has (I know shame on me...summer gets busy!).  Chase was more than ready to take off and Sadi had no interest in "dunkin" her head below chin level.
The first week was wasted (in my opinion).  They had a new teacher that just liked to play games.  Is shark and minnows lessons?  I don't know.  The second week was much better and they have both had a lot of fun.  They have had a blast spending so much time chillin' by the pool with their friends. 
Chase loves jumping off the diving boards.  I am not super confident in his swimming skills so  I still make him wear his life jacket.
Sadi is getting more and more brave, and is now dunking her head and doing somersaults under water.  Nothing like hearing "watch this"  a hundred times. 
Hopefully we can keep it up and not forget everything we learn this summer.

No comments: