Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wild Wild West

Once again it was date night at our house this week. The theme this month that I chose was wild wild west! Who hasn't wanted to live back in the old western days? Okay seriously not me, but it was fun to pretend for a night. We started the date in the wild west saloon, drinking some sarsaparillas (IBC root beer) and eating some spicy chili and cornbread..yum.
We also tested our shooting at the wild west shooting range. It got kind of competitive but I will reluctantly say Matt was the better shot.However..when we returned to the saloon I challenged him to a game of poker...not just any betting chips for this game. I had made some official poker chips which we were able to secretly write on the back of these chips 5 minute jobs we wanted from the other. It could be anything from taking out the trash to a back rub . And we'll just say the stakes were high!!See this? That is my poker face (I'm not gonna lie, the cowboy hat helped).And I cleaned house!!!!

2 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

So, When you say you cleaned house. Does that mean you lost and all those 5 minute jobs he wants makes for a clean house or does that mean you won and have alot of fun 5 minute jobs that you will be forgotten in a blink of an eye??? He he, Great idea, love the date nights at home. Good thing Tori and Kelsey bought those hats so you would have something to wear huh?

John Festin said...

Awesome! Thank goodness you did'nt look like Lady GaGa's poker face!