Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Are you prepared?

No, were not but were getting there. This past weekend I went to the cannery in Reno to get a start on our food storage. This is what I left with.... Doesn't look like alot, but the best part is it has a 30 year shelf life! As we were leaving and people were loading their cars with supplies they were talking about what they were going to make for dinner with all of this stuff. Really? Doesn't that defeat the idea of storage? Oh well, all I thought about is what shelf do I not want to use for the next 30 years because seriously I am not cracking this open unless I have to!

3 comments:

Bogenschutz said...

Way in the back closet, where no men or boys can find it. That is where I would put it.

heatlight said...

Well, you better know what to make for dinner with it 30 years from now! ha! Dang I forgot about the cannery day.

Unknown said...

Hey Karen,

I hate food storage. It is such a pain. My hubby and I finally broke down and bought two months food storage from thedailybread.com. It cost a fortune, but don't have to worry about it while the kids are here at home. The shelf life is thirty years. I HATE ROTATION