Monday, November 13, 2017

Weekend Getaway

Veteran's Day weekend we rented a cabin at camp Richardson, Lake Tahoe.   Although Chase and Sadi had no school on Friday Matt worked all day and then picked up Kelsey on his way home.  We grabbed dinner on the way to the cabin which was a good thing, because of the time change we arrived in the dark.
I had started feeling under the weather Friday morning and spent the weekend being sick (no fun).  We had the cutest little cabin in the woods, the Studebaker.
It had a large open kitchen where although I wasn't feeling great, I still got up and made omelets for everyone. 
The kitchen shared space with this living room which was nice to have so much room for everyone to sit comfortably.  It also had a fireplace that I'm sure we ran the whole time we were there.
It was a two bedroom cabin so Matt and I shared a room.  Luckily there were two beds so I didn't have to share my sick germs with him.
The girls claimed the other bedroom which had two double beds.
Although Sadi offered to share a bed with anyone, no one wanted to take her up on that offer (she is a wild sleeper). Chase was more than happy to claim the pullout sofa sleeper.
Our cabin was literally yards from the beach.
Matt enjoyed his morning drinking coffee and reading the news in the forest.
The weather was great, blue skies and sunshine and temperature in the low 50's which was warmer than I expected.
I felt okay-ish to walk around for part of the day, which was nice.
We had fun playing around and laughing.
Kelsey found some broken tree branch she made into deer antlers.
The kids spent hours watching movies and relaxing together.  Matt, Kelsey, and I walked next door to the Beacon for dinner.  I got brave an actually ate dinner which turned out to be a mistake and I spent the rest of the night in pain.
Although I wish I had felt better, I know the rest of the family had a great time. 

No comments: