Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Work Hard - Play Hard

The second day of vacation my brother had planned a work day for all of us to help out my parents with some projects.  My sister offered to make everyone breakfast at her house so, the day started early and we stuffed ourselves on her delicious crepes.
We all got to work doing different jobs.  There was lots of weeding!  Tori and Sadi pruned the rose bushes...poor Tori had just been poked by a thorn when I snapped this picture.
Matt programed their new car, and then set to work to help my brother David replace a new toilet.
Kelsey's first job was cleaning out the garage.
Chase was not feeling the "vacation" in this, and bounced around from job to job.  I think the longest work he did was with Nathan digging up these trees from the garden.
Once the toilet was done, it was back outside for Matt where he cleaned out the gutters, and helped with the weeding in the backyard.
After all that work, we were all pretty sweaty, and hungry!  The little kids wanted to stay and play at Aunt Susie's house with her grand babies while Matt, Kelsey, and I headed out to refuel.  We quickly decided on Arctic Circle, since it is the only time we get our fry sauce and lime rickey fix (it did not disappoint).
After lunch, we had a little time before our family would be getting together for the evening.  I had been thinking about one of my best friends parents from high school (my friend now lives in Montana, but her parents still live a few streets from my parents.).  I haven't seen her in a few years, but knew her Mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer the first of the year.  I spent so much of my high school years at her house and I really wanted to go by and see her.  I picked up some flowers and decided to drop in on them.  She is still fighting, and had just had her feeding tube removed a few house before I arrived.  It was so good to see her, and I hope I get the chance to see her again.
That night we all got together again for dinner, and more family time.  These 3 girls quickly bonded, and were pretty inseparable.
The older cousins busted out a card game, while the parents visited. 
We always wish we had more time to visit and be together, but like all vacations it quickly came to an end.  We're glad we were able to make the trip, and make some lasting memories.

No comments: