Saturday, May 28, 2016

Singing, Dancing, and saying Goodbye!

This past week was the last week of school....FINALLY.  I may have been more excited than the kids.  With the last week of school came the whirlwind of final activities.  Both kids had music concerts (on separate nights of course).  Because we had no risers for this concert, it was almost impossible to get any pictures of Sadi singing so I settled for a picture after the performance with her and one of her new besties this year.
I made sure to show up early the next night for Chase's performance.  They sang, played their recorders, and the band played a few numbers as well. 
Chase with one of his best friends Conner, who we will miss next year because he will be attending another school.
We also had the talent show, but because I was working (making popcorn for the whole school) I missed out on any pictures :(  Sadi danced with her friends, and Chase played his trumpet.  The next day was fun in the sun day which I missed out on (due to have a horrendous cold/cough), but wasn't too sad about when it rained all day.  Then their was the school dance...
3rd-6th grade had a neon dance.  Again I worked the whole time so the only picture I got was the one from my concessions booth (they're in there somewhere).  We did a quick selfie while picking up some Slurpee's after the dance.
The last day of school was a half day with an award assembly in the morning.  Chase made A honor roll and was also recognized and awarded some pins for his work in leadership, and being on kids court. 
Sadi made A honor roll ALL year and was awarded a golden hawk and lanyard.  Her picture will go on the school wall with a plaque with all those that made straight A's all year.
After the assembly was yearbook signing.  I wore my shoe's I made at the beginning of the year.  The kids loved signing these.
We made a final stop in both kids classes that day for our last day of school picture.  Saying goodbye to Mrs. Mihali in 5th grade,
 
and Mrs. Ranft in 3rd Grade.
We dropped them off a little treat we had made for them.
And then we went skipping out of there!!  We were off to celebrate with some pizza at our local pizza joint.  I am sooo happy it is finally summer!



No comments: