Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween School Celebration

Thursday was our last day of school this week and our Halloween party day for school.  Our day started early with two excited kids!
This year Sadi actually came up with her own costume. She wanted to be a nerd.  I have no idea where the idea came from, but it was super cute.  She was adamant she HAD to have freckles, and glasses.  She really wanted braces too, and when I told her I couldn't find any fake ones she told me to just get her some"real" ones.  She was really committed to being in full costume...at any expense.
Chase REALLY wanted to be Boba Fett, a bounty hunter from Star Wars.  He told me HAD to be something cool (you know 5th grade and all).  Funny thing was not many kids knew who he was (except for the die hard Star Wars fans).  VERY COOL.
I had work all morning at the school with some of my officers.  Since our whole month has been based on the book Charlotte's web, we dressed up as some of the characters from the book.  I went as Fern.
Once the work was done, I was off to help out in third grade in Sadi's class.  Her class just finished the book The Witch's and so they were spending the morning watching the movie.  All the third grade teacher's dressed up as characters from the book/movie.  It was hilarious!  Sadi's teacher was a witch (who stayed in character the WHOLE day), and the other two third grade teacher's dressed up as a mouse in a mouse trap, and formula 86.
When I heard they were doing a whole theme, we decided to make these witch's shoes filled with a Halloween treat for them.
And for the kids we made a sweet treat...
The kids loved watching the movie, and then got a break for lunch and some outside time before the party.  Third graders are just the cutest!
After lunch there was a parade, and then I headed to 5th grade to party with the "big kids".  The upper grades also went with a theme, from the movie Inside Out.  I loved this!  Chase's teacher was the character Joy (yellow dress).
I had planned to make eyeballs for Chase's class but for some reason NOWHERE carried that one item I needed to make them so at the last minute we came up with some ghost cookies.
Chase and his friend dressed up as similar characters again this year. 
It was a battle of good vs. evil all day. 
One of the girls in Chase's class came up with this Minecraft costume and made it herself.  I loved the creativity!  This was one of my favorites in the parade this year.
The only thing scarier than a bad guy were these two sumo wrestlers!  These are two of Chase's friends...which were hilarious!  Honestly when they turned around, I could not stop laughing.
It was a full day of partying with good friends, sweet treats, and these two ghouls!

1 comment:

marknkim said...

I love all the themes!!