Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day with the birds

Although we came up to Utah for a specific reason, I decided to really make a trip out of it and have some fun with the kids and do some things we hadn't done before.  The day after we arrived we went to Tracy Aviary which is one of the oldest and largest bird parks.
I think it was recently redone, and it is beautiful!  There are so many bird exhibits to see.  We had fun just walking around and learning about all the different breeds of birds.
 Sadi especially like the flamingos.  I think they are her favorite bird.
 We had fun pretending to be birds,
and playing in their trees.   The park is pretty big and so many places to explore.
I think my favorite part was the bird shows.  Although it was hot, it was definitely worth sitting in the sun to see some amazing birds and their tricks.  Grandpa, Grandma, and Tori all joined us for the day.
I was surprised at how close you are with the birds, and they literally fly over your head...actually hitting you with their wings sometimes. 
Chase was one of the lucky few kids that got picked to go up on their "stage" and got to feed the birds right out of his hand.
He was so lucky that when we went to the second show he got picked again!  I was a little concerned when he got on stage and they had him put on goggles and a HUGE glove that went all the way up to his shoulder.  I was wondering what kind of a bird they were going to be showing.  It was a raptor...
It was a really pretty bird, and hard to tell from the picture above how big it was.  It's wing span was something like 6 feet.  Here he is flying in for a landing on Chase.
Chase was feeling like the luckiest kid ever.  It was a pretty cool experience, one I'm sure he will not soon forget.

No comments: