Monday, October 20, 2014

Disney Day 2

Day 2 of vacation we headed to California Adventure for the day.  We hit the park right when it opened and guess who we saw with no line?  Mickey Mouse!
Our first stop was Cars Land.  I couldn't find any shirt for the kids that I really liked so this year I made my own.  Surprisingly they turned out really cute!
I loved how Cars Land was completely detailed to look exactly like the movie, it really made you feel like you were in Radiator Springs.
I had read that if you don't get a fast pass first thing for cars then your kinda outta luck for the ride.  Apparently about 6 million other people read that too and were all in line for one.  We skipped it and decided to see what the line looked like...no line!  After we got off we went back and got a fast pass to do it again later.  I loved this ride, it may be my new favorite.
We also got to go on the Ariel ride (which I somehow didn't get any pictures of) several times.  It was a walk on ride all day.  It was one of Sadi's favorites.  We hit the midway in the afternoon for some Toy Story shootin'.  I actually beat Matt at this game...once, but I'm claiming it.
The parks were busier than either of us expected for this time of year, so we spent more time in lines than in the past.  We skipped anything that wasn't 30 minutes or less, and were still able to do some rides multiple times.  I told  our kids to "not hang on the rope" or to "get down from the rails" more than I liked too.
It was a warm day and we had to find something sweet to eat while we waited for the boys to ride the grizzly river run.  This hit the spot....
Of course Chase had to find something to cool down too.  One thing about Disney....they know how to make it a Large.  This is the tallest I have ever seen someone make a cone.  Well done Mickey, well done.
 We even got a private meet and greet with this polka dot loving gal.  She loved that Sadi was dressed just like her.
Another fun day at the most magical place on earth!

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Oh my gosh...you guys coordinate perfectly with Minnie:) Love the shirts you made.