Monday, October 20, 2014

Disney Day 1

We woke fairly early to start our first morning at Disneyland.  Each morning I had a few small surprises for the kids to get them excited (and to avoid the souvenir shop which I think really worked because the never asked to go in them).
 They were both very giddy with anticipation.  We were ready for those gates to open!
We headed first to Adventure land.  We wanted to get them on some big rides in case it got real busy.  One of our first rides was the haunted mansion which was completely themed out to Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas.
Honestly this is one of my favorite rides in the park, and the whole scary Christmas thing ruined it for me...it was a completely different ride.
Sadi wanted to ride anything she even thought might be scary with Daddy.  She remembers riding this before as you can tell by her face.  But, this ended up being one of her favorite rides.
We were so excited that they were tall enough to ride all the rides including one of our favorites Indiana Jones.  We just watched the movie and Chase loved it...the movie.  As soon as we got on the ride and started going, this was his view the entire ride.   Again this was one of Sadi's favorite rides, however I'm not convinced it wasn't because she loved teasing Chase that she was braver than him.
Chase turned the tables on Sadi when we headed to Splash Mt.  He loved this ride, and Sadi well....let's just say if you want your ear drums blown out sit in front of her.  You can tell by her face how much fun she had on this one..NOT. AT. ALL.
We had enough scary for the morning and we lightened it up most of the rest of the day.  We all love Buzz Lightyear astro blasters and all try to beat Daddy at his high scores.  No one has beat him yet.
 Everyone was all smiles on It's a small world...Sadi even sat by Chase on this ride.
 This was my crazy driver for the day...
We took quite a few whirls on the teacups.  Sadi LOVES this.  I still don't get how she can get motion sickness but can whirl forever on these?
Another favorite for Sadi was the carousel.  We rode these horses many times.
Before going to Disney this time, I read all the tips and tricks and things to try.  One thing on our list was these Tigger tails that you can only get in Pooh's corner.  Delicious, but oh my...one is enough for all four of us.  It was so sweet!  Even too sweet for Sadi to finish which is unheard of.
I had read that the purple teacup is the fastest which put to the test is true...notice I am not in there, yeah one spin on the fastest teacup was enough for me.
Chase was big enough to drive Autotopia this year...to be honest I was scared driving with him.  As he ran into the curb he said "hey, I'm doing a pretty good job". 
 As the sun set it was time to get our Mickey ears on.
It was a fun, full, first day of vacation.  These two were troopers!

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Looks like a blast! We liked the Indiana Jones ride too. I'm embarrassed to say that the first time I rode it, I thought I was actually doing the steering,until the girls straightened me out;) They still tease me about it.