Thursday, June 26, 2014

You say 18...I say baby

The day after Father's day was Kelsey's 18th birthday...what!?  I know an adult most would say...I still say she is a baby.  She wasn't really sure what she wanted to do for her birthday and couldn't really tell me anything she wanted.  So rather than try to guess what to buy her she decided a trip to the mall would be fun.  After a whole day at the mall she did settle on a very few things we could buy her.
Matt had to work but after finishing up at the mall we headed back from Reno to meet him for dinner at Kelsey's choice for dinner, Olive Garden.
We realized how little we actually take our kids out to dinner as we had to hush them when they were amazed at how "fancy" this place was giving them 2 forks, and cloth napkins!  It was a bit humorous. 
After dinner Matt took the little kids home and Kelsey and I headed to the movies.  We had both read the book The fault in our stars, and were excited to see the movie.  Although this is the first time I have seen the movie and wished I hadn't read the book...kinda ruined it for me knowing everything that was going to happen, although it still made me shed a few tears.
The movie ended pretty late and so we rushed home to a house of anxiously awaiting kids ready for singing and cake.  Kelsey had asked me make an ice-cream cake again this year.  It never looks as pretty as I would like, but the taste makes up for it...yummmm!
Happy Birthday to our adult legal aged baby.

No comments: