Thursday, June 26, 2014

Time to get a J-O-B

A few days after Kelsey graduated I woke her up and said "Let's go look for a job!".  Now she has been looking, and applying, and calling jobs since February and nothing...I mean NOTHING.  I decided I would drive her up to Virginia City to look for something.   As mid June was approaching I was beyond discouraged and we decided to give up...that day she got a call from Grandma's Fudge (in VC).  I took her up for an interview which they didn't even do they just hired her!  She started the next day.
She cuts and packages fudge and brittle, scoops ice-cream, runs the cash register, and helps clean up and close.  They make the fudge right there in the window where you can watch, it smells sooo good in there.  It's one of my favorite shops up there.  I did wait a few weeks before I took a peek at her at work (didn't want to make her nervous, or be that weird lurking Mom...ok this is taken through the window without her knowing so I guess I am).  She must be doing pretty well, she got more hours and a pay raise already.
I think she enjoys it for the most part, and it has been good for her to learn what the cost of working really pays.  Funny when she got her first check she thought there might be a mistake..."Do I really need Medicaid Mom?"  Ahh...welcome to the real world!

No comments: