Monday, June 2, 2014

Time to Party!

After Kyle's graduation it was time to get our party on!  We headed back home with family to celebrate.  I decided to go with a theme, although I'm not sure anyone got it.  This was the inspiration:  "Picture your future".  It was suppose to look like Polaroids hanging up.  It was so hard to get a good picture of it :(
 Matt's job was to man the grill and cook up burgers and chicken.
 Then it was time to "Develop your burger".  Please someone tell me they get the whole theme.
 We were all ready to dig in!
 I got the main idea from pinterest, but added some of my own ideas to it.
There was a "sweet memories" wall that had pictures of both of them through the years and some of those moments they shared together.
To go along with the sweet memories, we had many sweets to enjoy.  Grandma Denning made these cute grad caps with each of the kids school colors, and I made some diplomas to go with them.  A big hit with the kids.
I had also set up a table that had pictures of them in their Letterman jackets and a note telling all of our guests to "snap" a picture with each of the grads and leave them a piece of advice for the future.  There was some awesome advice given.  I plan to put all of them in a book for them to be able to read.
We I had made each of them a going away gift.  Since Kyle has been on the fence a bit of where he wants to go to college I went with a more generic gift that he could use when he moves out.  A laundry basket full of towels, soap, iron,  etc.  I am so mad that I didn't get any other pictures of this.  I had also made a frame with quarters inside that was labeled "In case of laundry emergency break glass".  I also made up my own Laundry 101 label that was pretty funny.  A few of the instructions read:
If it smells...wash it.
Not all colors can be washed together..unless you like pink underwear
The dryer isn't and extra drawer.  When it's dry hang it up
If you picked it up off the floor odds are it isn't clean.

For Kelsey I made a gift geared more toward UNR.  I put in a wolf pack sweatshirt, wolf pack lanyard, Wolfie water bottle, a book about F in exams (pretty funny actually), and a Wolfie hat and pom poms to cheer on the pack at the home games.
 It was a fun day of celebrating and it really took it out of some of us...
 Seriously we partied till they started to drop.
So happy to have such great kids, and glad we were able to celebrate both of their accomplishments with family.
TWO DOWN, TWO TO GO....

1 comment:

marknkim said...

I love the theme!! Man, you thought of everything...I bet your exhausted, but the memories are worth it...right?