Monday, February 10, 2014

NYC at Night

Although days in New Jersey were long hours we all know that you have to make time to see the city.  In this case we decided our first week there before things got crazy busy we would venture into NYC...at night.  We took a train (well a few) and luckily made it safely into NYC.
Time square is like a whole different world.  There is so much to see but one thing I learned very early is there is 2 paces in New York....move fast or get out of the way.  I was surprised how accurate movies have depicted the city streets, people move at an alarming pace and I mean a lot of people!
Because it was late and we had to catch our train back we really just took in the city by foot and decided to fork over the ridiculously priced ticket to get a view from the top of the empire state building.  Totally worth it!  I would highly recommend doing this at night.  The views (although freezing up there with the whipping wind) were amazing!
I realized after I got home the only picture I took of the empire state building was from the 86th floor.  I promise you it is massive.
Looking out on the city was really surreal.  If you look just adjacent to the H&M building (down to the left) you can see the ball that's dropped on New Years in time square.
 I suggest if you go to New York you experience the nights there...and maybe go in the summer :)

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Amazing and maybe a little scary:/
I have a dream of taking the girls there someday...{although Mark doesn't share my dream} Yes, summer would be warmer, but my dream includes experiencing the city during the Holidays:)