Monday, February 17, 2014

Be My Valentine

This year I let the kids choose what they wanted to make for their class valentine.  We spent one night assembling the valentines for them.  I do think it's a little sad that some teacher's don't let you put a name on them...seems so impersonal. Isn't the fun of giving valentine's picking out who to give which one to? 
 Chase did get to address his this year, although he chose something that was the same for everyone.
 Sadi chose one of the cutest valentine's ever...
 What kid would not love these Love bugs and kisses?
Chase chose gum (his teacher allows gum in her class so this was a great choice).  "Hey Valentine Let's stick together"
We also made some "bombs" for our dynamite teacher's!
On Valentine's I left the kids their usual valentine surprises...although someone complained that there was no toys this year :(
I also snuck a little Valentine in Matt's car for a bit of a surprise.  He doesn't really care for Valentine's Day so I kept it simple with some of his favorites...but added a little love note to each.
I spent the day at school getting caught up on all my Booster jobs and then popped in to each of the kids classes during their parties.  I forgot to take my camera to school so I missed out on some "love" pictures.  After school we came home and the kids spent the afternoon reading all their valentine's.
Chase got lots of love pencils and a few treats that quickly disappeared.  No candy conversation hearts this year...weird.
Matt brought home a little surprise for me.  I know it kills him to buy flowers (he thinks their such a waste of money), so it was pretty sweet.  This is the first year (ever I think) we actually went out on date. 
We went to dinner and then to Kyle's final basketball game of the season against one of their rival teams.  It was packed!!  We couldn't even get seats next to each other.  So I sat down front and he sat behind me.  It was a fun night even though they lost.
The next night we celebrated with the kids and had our traditional valentine's dinner.  Make your own pizza night!  It was definitely a love filled weekend!
 

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Cute Valentines!! You did good getting all that put together after your trip:)