Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Break

This past week was Spring Break for the kids.  Matt had work and school so I decided kind of last minute that as much as I would have loved to make them slaves put them to work spring cleaning, the kids really deserved a fun break.  So we headed out on the road to visit my family in Utah.  If you have ever driven from Nevada to Utah you know how exciting I-80 going East (or West) is......literally 8 hours of this. 
It was worth the long drive to get to our destination and see Grandpa and Grandma Smith.  Chase and Sadi wasted no time making their usually quiet house full of noise.
Kelsey was thrilled to get to spend some much needed time with Tori, although I'm not so sure Tori was happy Kelsey had so much homework to do while she was there.  These too never seem to tire of being together.
We enjoyed our break, although short here are some highlights of our trip....Hello Fry Sauce!  Oh how we've missed you.
I'm pretty sure the highlight for the little kids was this old tire swing that was at Grandpa and Grandma's house.  They had the best time with this, and if it wasn't for the rain, we may have spent every day swinging on this.
 I took the kids downtown on the Trax with my parents which was fun for them to experience how lots of people in a big city travel.  Although I'm pretty sure we ruined the fun when we got lost coming back.
Sadi could not have possibly touched more germs than in this one day, literally making me a raving lunatic with the hand sanitizer.  She touched EVERYTHING.  She ran her fingers down benches, across buildings, and even managed to find a telephone booth to touch...gag!
We went to the Children's museum and spent all day there.  I highly recommend this place if you have never been, but sadly was way overcrowded when we were there.  Chase climbing the rock wall..
 Of course you can't go to Utah and not make it on the news right?
We also spent a day with Tori and Kelsey (Kelsey spent the entire trip with Tori so we didn't see much of her).  We went to the park, out to lunch, and took a walk around Daybreak. 
We spent a day at the aquarium which seemed really crowded too, but I didn't mind so much since we have been there before.  Sadi insisted I take her picture with the jellyfish, although I'm not sure why since she would not SMILE.
They did have a new otter and penguin exhibit which was fun to watch..so fun I guess I forgot to get any pictures of them.  Sadi loves penguins and of course adopted a new one to bring home with her.  I think Chase's favorite still is the sharks, and even got to pet one this time!
 Our last day before packing up we hit a movie, The Croods.  So cute, and funny. 
Time flew by, and all to soon it was time to come back home.  We had a great time, and we're glad we got to see most of my family in the short time we were there. 

2 comments:

John Festin said...

Thanks for the call, butt head! Just kidding, I was in New York anyway! Looks like you guys had some fun. Decent weather as well!

Hope you are well!

Talk to ya,

John

marknkim said...

Oh man...why can't we ever be there at the same time. I wonder if our kids will grow up knowing each other at all:( Looks like you guys made the most of your week and had a good time!