Friday, February 17, 2012

Highlights

Is it weird that Indianapolis feels like it was forever ago?  For me biggest highlight was seeing friends I really only get to see once a year.  This year was a lot of long busy days, and I found out how evident that was when I uploaded my pictures and found there was only about 10.  I didn't even get any pictures with those friends I was talking about.  But there were a few other highlights I want to remember.  This year we stayed right in the middle of downtown Indy where everything was happening.  This is looking down the street from our hotel at what if famously known as Monument Circle.
 The week leading up to Superbowl the streets were shut down and they had a Superbowl village there where they had all kinds of things going on all night.  There were outdoor concerts (I did get to see Bret Michael's), you could zip line down the street, and all kinds of performances.  The weather was perfect, I was prepared for lots of snow but only got to see snow flurries a few days.  One of the coolest things I saw were the race cars they had painted with each of the NFL teams on them that lined the streets.  The Colts was front and center...
And it was parked right next the the Arizona Cardinals (Kyle and Kelsey's favorite teams).  As you can see the streets were packed and we literally had to swim through the crowd to get to our hotel.
 At one end of the street they had these huge roman numerals set up that they played football clips  on (pretty cool looking).
 Sadly this is the only photo I got inside the stadium (every time I went inside it seemed the field was covered.  They were just painting the XLVI on the turf this day.  I did get to see Madonna practice one evening, I loved the halftime show she put on.
So far out of all the cities I have been to Indianapolis has been my favorite.  I hope another Superbowl is in their future!


1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

See your already thinking about another one. It's just like having a baby, you've forgotten about the pain. he he