Friday, February 17, 2012

Day of Love

Valentines day crept up like a speeding train this year.  I always try to do something extra special for Matt and the kids but being that I had only arrived home a few days prior I feel I didn't give it as much thought as I wanted.  I threw together some valentines for the kids classes which turned out super cute, and were a huge hit at school.  I simply took some valentines suckers and made lips and mustaches with foam and attached to each stick.  The boys at Chase's school loved these!!
When you suck on the sucker it makes you look like you have a mustache/lips.  Sadi couldn't wait to model hers for me.
I spent the day at both kids schools helping out at class parties.  I gave each of the kids a valentine bag with goodies in that morning.  Kelsey was thrilled to get the new Breaking Dawn movie.  Chase thought it wasn't quite as funny when his bag had some Valentine Undies with hearts all over them inside and no one else's did.  What can I say, I couldn't resist when I saw them.  Don't worry he wasn't too mad not to wear them..and he thought it was funny when Sadi asked what he got and he pulled down the back of his pants to show her and she was completly disgusted.  Usually I plan a fun dinner but again just getting back into the groove of being home I raided the freezer and  came up with a frozen pizza...but made it into a heart pizza!!
Matt had a long day of school so I went and picked up a late dinner for us of Chinese food.  The kids left us alone while they watched a movie and OD'd on chocolate.  Again late planning on my part meant a fast valentine for Matt as well.  Didn't really know what to get him so I bought a box of chocoaltes and filled it with his favorite.....
I was happy to take care of the chocolate inside (since he is not a big chocolate fan), so it was a win-win.  Kelsey and the kids made us the cutest valentine.  Reads: From the bottom of our hearts (handprints), to the tips of our toes...We love you. 

Oh how I love these sweet valentines I have!
Hope you all had a special day with the ones you love.

1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

Wow, Your amazing. You always do such awesome stuff.
I love those Valentine's too!!!