Sunday, November 27, 2011

Much to be thankful for

Thanksgiving weekend was full of family and fun! Uncle David arrived on Wednesday and that is when the party began. I had to cook an amazing turkey after Matt bragged to everyone he invited how great it was going to be. Every try to cook something you really don't like to eat? So much pressure, but when the day arrived I awoke way before the sun to get the bird in the oven. Hours later as it was cooking and I was busy as a bee this is what my lovely family was doing. Chase and Sadi were glued to David's I-pad......
The rest of the gang was glued to football (poor David had kids literally crawling on him the entire day).
We also had Matt's Grandparents join us which made it extra special.  I didn't get any pictures of us actually sitting down to feast, I guess once I was sitting I wanted to stay there.  Kelsey did take a picture of "the bird".  Doesn't look to pretty but everyone said it tasted good.  For me turkey is turkey I could take it or leave it.
I did manage to snap one picture of Chase and Sadi toasting away at their own table.  I had plenty of chances since they toasted everything.
The best part of the day was just visiting and hanging with the family.

The rest of the weekend was spent shopping black Friday (much later in the day), and eating out with family.  I had to take this picture of Kelsey's breakfast the biggest pancake you have ever seen!! 

We also caught a movie (Puss in Boots) where Sadi insisted I take her picture with this display.  Why does everything have to be in 3D now?  Do these people know little kids don't actually like wearing those annoyingly to large 3D glasses for an entire movie?
Anyway, it was a very fun full weekend!!

No comments: