Monday, August 29, 2011

They're Baaaack!

Today was the first day of school!! We prepared yesterday by playing "what if" if with Chase (example: What if you have to go the bathroom and it's not recess, What if you see someone being bullied, etc.), and of course I had to find this cute book to prepare him...Kelsey started her Sophomore year (what?), she is really looking grown up. I think this is the earliest she has been up all year, and trust me she snuggled those blankets till the very last minute. Chase was off to First grade, can you believe it? His teacher this year is Mrs. Frusteri (ya how hard is that for a first grader?, I can barely pronounce it). He was excited even though almost all of his class from Kindergarten got the other teacher. I thought he looked handsome even though Matt teased me that his outfit screamed beat me up. It was a loooong day for me. Do you know how much you can accomplish with only 1 kid? I went to the bank, dollar tree, grocery shopping, and the gas station, to get the 4 year old a special "I'm not is school yet" soda and I looked at the clock when I got home....not even 10 a.m.!!! So, I planned a fun first day of school dinner (in between playing Rapunzel ALL day long). I made these pencils with Rolos and Hershey kisses with a note saying: You are so sharp, hope you had a fun first day. Aren't they cute? One day down, how many to go? I CANNOT play Rapunzel everyday (seriously folks it is Sadi's made up game that NEVER ends). Three more weeks till Preschool!!

1 comment:

heatlight said...

That pencil is super cute! You'll come up with all kinds of crafty ideas with all this time on your hands. Still trying to round up some more people for a playgroup... I'll keep you posted. Then maybe you won't have to play Rapunzel so much :)