Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I started out the day searching for my list of resolutions from last year....I'm pretty sure I was going to get to mark off a few of those things. I guess I can never be sure, since I could not find it!! I must say New Years is not my favorite holiday. The whole waiting up till midnight to yell HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Then begging the kids to go to bed, not on my list of favorite holidays. However, I was determined to make it fun for the kids. We watched some movies, ate lots of treats, and waited, and waited, and waited. Why does Midnight come so quickly when it's not New Years Eve? At about 10:30 I was seriously thinking Sadi was not going to make it, but she assured me she did not want to go to bed. Matt barely made it home from work (with 6 minutes until the strike of Midnight). It was fun to have the whole family together. We blew our party horns...
We clinked our champagne glasses filled with sparkling cider...
We kissed...
And we passed out....
Chase literally fell flat on his face at about 2 a.m. FINALLY. He was seriously dancing around on a sugar high one minute and the next thing I knew he was face down on the ground! Sadi beat him to it at about 1 a.m. They had a lot of fun staying up late, and I definitely paid the price for it today!! Can we say sleep deprived kids up to early??? HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

1 comment:

Bogenschutz said...

That looks like one great party. Wish I would have been partying at your house. I think Luckie crashed just like chase, any way they look the same when they sleep.