Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Carving!

I still think whoever invented this tradition of carving pumpkins must have not had any kids. It is alot of work! My kids were very excited this year to get to carving. Here is what our canvases looked like before cutting.... Chase really got into it this year and had fun pulling out all of his seeds.
Kelsey eating her seeds straight from the pumpkin (still grosses me out). She was really little(maybe 3) when we were at my Mom's house carving pumpkins, she asked if she could eat the seeds. I told her they needed to be cleaned and roasted. Grandma said "oh I don't think they'll hurt her, let her try them!" (I'm sure she thought they wouldn't taste good). 10 plus years later she still will eat them straight from the pumpkin!
Sadi wasn't sure if she wanted any part of this. Step 1: eye the pumpkin and get the nerve to touch it...
Step 2: Carefully reach hand in and touch the guts.
Step 3: "I did it!" Pulling seeds from the inside.
Final Step: Scream like a girl "It's to icky...it's too orangey...ewwww!"
She was happy to tell Mommy what to do to make it a happy pumpkin. He had to have teeth!
Chase designed his own pumpkin and was very proud! He has been learning about shapes at school so that explains the square eyes.
Kelsey's pumpkins get better and better every year. This year it was an angry looking pig!
Can't wait to light these babies up! Happy Trick-or-Treating!!

No comments: